Self-care is important for your physical health as well as your mind, soul, and your overall health. Without self-care, your relationships with others can suffer tremendously. Discover 15 simple ideas for taking care of yourself when you need it most.
- Find somewhere quiet and meditate as needed.
- Take time to yourself, away from others.
- Don’t feel guilty turning down invitations or canceling plans.
- Write down a list of things you are thankful for.
- Spend time outside.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Do not force yourself to do anything you don’t want to do.
- Eat a balanced diet, but treat yourself to your favorite guilty pleasure.
- Write down what you’re thinking and feeling.
- Unplug from social media.
- Turn off your phone for a day.
- Schedule an appointment with a therapist.
- Make future plans for a trip or event you’re excited about.
Self-care is not optional, it’s essential.